Apple in iOS 15 introduced Focus mode, an expansion of Do Not Disturb that allows you to set up different permissions for apps, contacts, and more depending on what you’re doing. In iOS 16, Apple has expanded what Focus modes can do with new features, including the ability to add Focus Filters. This article explains what Focus Filters are and how to set them up.
Focus Filters are a completely new feature in iOS 16. With this option, you can filter out content within apps, displaying a specific Mail account or Calendar that pertains to your Focus. When you use a Focus with a filter set, the app with the filter will only show what you’ve selected and will hide everything else. If you have a work Focus, for instance, you might filter out events from your family calendar.
Here’s what you can filter out with Focus Filters:
How to Add a Focus Filter to Your Focus
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone, then tap Focus.
- Select the Focus mode that you want to add Focus Filters to.
- Scroll down, and under “Focus Filters,” tap Add Filter.
- Choose an App Filter that you’d like to set up: Calendar, Mail, Messages, or Safari. In this example, we’re adding a calendar filter.
- Tap Choose to select which calendars to show, and when.
- Tap the iCloud and/or other calendars that you want to include, then tap Done.
- Tap Add to include the filter in your Focus mode.
Your chosen filter will now be active the next time you enable the Focus mode.
Apple has made a Focus Filter API for developers so that third-party apps can allow the same specific filtering options within a Focus as Apple’s own app. If you use a third-party email app, for example, you’ll be able to select a mailbox to show within that app provided the developer adds the Focus Filter API. For more on everything new in Focus with iOS 16, check out our comprehensive guide.
Conclusion: So above is the iOS 16: Tips on how to Use Focus Filters to Conceal Content material in Apps article. Hopefully with this article you can help you in life, always follow and read our good articles on the website: Doshared.com