Breaches in cybersecurity continue to grow in complexity and severity, costing companies more than $10 trillion per year by 2025, according to some estimates.
To help train future cybersecurity experts to help address this issue, Washington State University and Eastern Washington University recently landed more than $2 million each from the state’s 2022 supplemental operating budget to create cybersecurity degree programs.
WSU will create a bachelor’s in cybersecurity operations degree, held at the Voiland College of Engineering and Architecture at the Pullman, Tri-Cities, and Everett campuses.
Eastern Washington, meanwhile, will launch a master’s degree and two bachelor’s degree programs, The Spokesman-Review reported.
Most entry-level positions in cybersecurity require, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in computer science or cybersecurity. Seven colleges and universities in Washington state currently offer bachelors programs in cybersecurity and information assurance.
At the federal level, the Biden administration’s FY 2023 budget includes an 11% increase for cybersecurity spending, Cybersecurity Dive reported.
Here are other collegiate programs in Washington state that focus on information and cybersecurity.
- Western Washington University offers a Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity.
- City University of Seattle offers a Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity.
- Central Washington University offers both Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Applied Science programs in Cybersecurity.
- Columbia Basin College offers a Bachelor of Applied Science in Cybersecurity.
- Green River College offers a Bachelor’s in Cybersecurity and Networking.
- Highline College offers a Bachelor of Applied Science in Cybersecurity.
Graduate and professional programs:
- UW Tacoma offers a one-year Master in Cybersecurity and Leadership. The program prefers individuals with at least two years of prior full-time work experience.
- UW Bothell offers a Master of Science in Cybersecurity Engineering. The program offers full or part-time enrollment with evening classes for working professionals interested in a career change.
- Seattle University offers a Master of Legal Studies in Compliance and Risk Management.
Conclusion: So above is the Washington state universities get funding to create cybersecurity applications as trade demand grows article. Hopefully with this article you can help you in life, always follow and read our good articles on the website: Doshared.com